1. Block Six:
Football has been very good to me, and even recently. Some people might tell you I am sportin’ a nice winning streak, however, for powerful reasons of karma I will deny it. One of the things I have learned in my career as a degenerate, is that clucking when you get lucky and #win a few will cradle you into a vortex of doom, gloom and unacceptable beatings – very soon. It happens every time.
You just don’t want that kind of voodoo while you’re winning. It has happened before. The last time I shot my mouth off, I got stabbed from behind by my own Saints. Baffled and humiliated in public kinda-stuff, no less. People called me a wet-head and tried to then crowd me into sucker-bets. I felt so damaged that I started betting on Denver.
So, if you watched last night’s game, and lord only knows you did because you had Josh McCown, Barnidge and maybe Buck Allen – you saw enough by halftime. If you you are the suffering type then you stayed thru it all like a trooper and saw a block-6 from Baltimore to #win the game. Crazy how things happen when you change the channel because you’d rather watch hoops. Besides who wouldn’t rather watch Golden St instead of Matt Schaub against Cleveland – Cripes! If you need a #MNF recap of that awful game, read more about it here…
2. United Stats of America – #MNF + Sunday Recap
Ravens win on “kick-six”
- Will Hill returned Travis Coons’s blocked field-goal attempt 64 yards as time expired to give the Ravens a 33-27 win at Cleveland. It was the second time in NFL history that a team scored a game-winning “walkoff” touchdown by returning an opponent’s blocked or missed field-goal attempt. The Broncos’ Louis Wright took a blocked field goal to the house in overtime against the Chargers in 1985.
- The Ravens have played 11 games, and none have been decided by more than eight points. Baltimore is the fourth team in NFL history to play 11 straight “one-possession” games within a season (i.e. decided by eight points or less when the two-point conversion is available, seven or less otherwise), and the first to do so in each of its first 11 contests. San Diego played 12 straight one-possession games in 1989; Washington played 11 in a row in 1967; and Cincinnati played 11 straight in 2003.
Dansby joins greats with INT-TD
- Karlos Dansby’s 52-yard return of a Matt Schaub interception gave the Browns the lead early in the third quarter of Cleveland’s loss to Baltimore. It was Dansby’s sixth career interception return for a touchdown, tying Hall-of-Famers Bobby Bell and Derrick Brooks for the most all-time by an NFL linebacker.
+ Brady matches Marino on TD list
- Tom Brady tied Dan Marino on the career passing touchdowns list after throwing three TDs against the Broncos on Sunday night. Brady now has 420 passing touchdowns in his career, tied with Marino for third-most among all quarterbacks behind Peyton Manning (539) and Brett Favre (508). When Marino retired after the 1999 season, he had 78 more TD passes than anyone else in NFL history. Fran Tarkenton (342) and John Elway (300) rounded out the top three at that time; those two now rank sixth and seventh respectively
+ Smith goes deep for a change in Chiefs’ victory
- The Chiefs extended their winning streak to five games after defeating the Bills, 30-22, at Arrowhead Stadium. Alex Smith threw a pair of touchdown passes in the win, including a 41-yard bomb to Jeremy Maclin in the second quarter which traveled 34 yards in the air from the line of scrimmage. Smith had not thrown a touchdown pass that traveled at least 30 yards in the air from the line of scrimmage since October 7, 2012, when he connected on a deep pass to Michael Crabtree for the 49ers, also against the Bills.
+ 12 scores in 12 weeks for Eifert
- Tyler Eifert caught one of those touchdown passes from Dalton, marking the tight end’s 12th TD reception of the season. The only other tight end in the last 50 seasons to score at least 12 touchdowns through the first 12 weeks of a season is Julius Thomas, who caught 12 touchdown passes from Peyton Manning through 10 weeks for the Broncos last season.
+ No TDs for Saints
- The Saints could not find the end zone in Houston, having to settle for a pair of field goals in the second quarter. A zero in the touchdown column is a rare sight for the Saints, especially with Drew Brees at the helm. Coming into Sunday, Brees had thrown at least one touchdown pass in each of his last 45 games, and 99 of his previous 100. In fact, the last time the Saints failed to record a touchdown of any kind in a game was Week 16 of the 2005 season against the Lions, when Brees was still taking snaps for the Chargers. The streak of 155 games with a touchdown for New Orleans is the second-longest streak of its kind in NFL history. The record is held by the Browns, who crossed the goal line in 166 consecutive games from 1957 to 1969.
3. 76ers v Lakers:
Kobe announces his retirement and no one can find a way to get this game on TV? It’s Kobe’s return to his hometown of Philly! Is it because Kobe threatens to go 0’fer 37? Maybe Jahlil will break another law on his way to the game? Sure the 76ers have 0 wins. But just because this game isn’t on ESPN, NBA TV, or TNT doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist – or does it? If Kobe scores 30pts then someone did some video-splicing for those highlights.
4. Grabbin’ Dem Ballz
Tomorrow in Sports History
+ 1903 First airplane flies
5. Ultimate Value Lineup – Week 12
All we want to do is provide you valuable information at a great price. We’ve already helped hundreds of people learn how to make some extra lettuce playing fantasy sports; so let us Teach You How to #win!
Giving you the Perfect Lineup is easy and we tweet it, post it on Facebook and create an entire post about our RESULTS, so……What about if you had the greatest value lineup of all time? A Lineup that every player chosen had low ownership, way less, and never cost you more than $6k – well my friends this is the Ultimate Value Lineup – culled directly from the numbers and our reports – look for us on twitter when we post the less than 12% lineup and follow along with the value-madness!!!