Jaguars claw their way back
The Jaguars defeated the Titans on Thursday after trailing in the fourth quarter, just as they won on Sunday after trailing the Ravens in the final period. It’s the first time since 2009 that the Jaguars have won back-to-back games after trailing in the fourth quarter in each one. Jacksonville’s total of three fourth-quarter comeback wins this season is equal to their total from the past four seasons combined (three from 2011 to 2014). But the real story here is the uniforms. Ugggh. At least the internet had a lot of fun with ’em.
2. ‘Cause Knowing Is Half The Battle
#NFL week 11 trends
The Packers have lost three straight games with Aaron Rodgers for the first time since he became the full time starter in Green Bay. The last time (2008) the Cheeseheads were on a skid this long, they lost their next game and didn’t cover.
- Games Matching this Criteria: Packers (Pick’em) @ Vikings
All-time, teams that have lost seven games in a row are 63-48-2 (57%) against-the-spread in their next game.
- Games Matching this Criteria: Cowboys (Pick’em) @ Dolphins.
All-time, teams that started 9-0 went 12-3 straight-up and 11-4 against-the-spread in their next game.
- Games Matching this Criteria: Patriots (-7) vs. Bills and Panthers (-7) vs. Redskins.
- ATL -6 vs. IND Since the Falcons last playoff run (2012), Atlanta is 2-9-1 against-the-spread as a home favorite.
- AZ -4 vs. CIN When Carson Palmer starts, the Cardinals as home favorites are 9-2-1 against-the-spread.
- BAL -2 vs. STL The Ravens are 1-8-1 against-the-spread in the team’s last ten games as favorites.
- BUF +7 @ NE Rex Ryan is 8-4-1 against-the-spread vs. Tom Brady and the Patriots.
- CAR -7 vs. WAS The Panthers have been favored in eight games this year and are 6-2 against-the-spread in those games.
- CHI +1 vs. DEN In the last five years, the Bears are 3-10 against-the-spread as home underdogs.
- CIN +4 @ AZ The last ten teams to lose on Monday Night Football and then be road underdogs in the next game went 7-3 ATS.
- DAL Pick’em @ MIA The Cowboys have lost nine straight games when Tony Romo doesn’t start. Romo is expected to be under center Sunday.
- DEN -1 @ CHI Brock Osweiler will start Sunday for Denver. Peyton Manning’s backups have gone 2-14 straight-up and 6-10 ATS when starting.
- DET +1.5 vs. OAK In the last five years, the Lions as home underdogs are 1-6-1 against-the-spread.
- GB Pick’em @ MIN The Packers have been favored in 12 straight games against the Vikings, the last time Green Bay wasn’t (2009) they lost and didn’t cover.
- HOU +2.5 vs. NYJ On Sunday, T.J. Yates might make his first NFL start since 2011, he is 5-2 against-the-spread as a starter in his career.
- IND +6 @ ATL Matt Hasselbeck is 8-11-1 against-the-spread as a starter in his last twenty games as underdog.
- JAX -3 vs. TEN The Jags have only been favored once in the team’s last 50 games (at home vs. Titans 2014), they won and covered that game.
- KC -3 @ SD The last ten times the Chiefs have won three games in a row and then were road favorites in the next game, KC went 3-6-1 ATS.
- MIA Pick’em vs. DAL Home teams facing Tony Romo are 28-38-1 (42%) against-the-spread.
- MIN Pick’em vs. GB All-time, when the Vikings have won five games in a row, Minnesota has gone 4-7-1 ATS in their next game.
- NE -7 vs. BUF Tom Brady has never lost at home as a touchdown favorite against the Bills, he is a perfect 10-0 straight-up.
- NYJ -2.5 @ HOU The Jets are just 1-4 against-the-spread in their last five games following an appearance on Thursday Night Football.
- OAK -1.5 @ DET The Raiders have only been favored on the road twice since 2012, they failed to cover both times.
- PHI -5.5 vs. TB The Eagles have lost three of their last five games as home favorites of more than a field goal.
- SD +3 vs. KC Philip Rivers has only lost five games in a row once, the last time this happened (2011) the Chargers lost their next game and didn’t cover.
- SEA -12.5 vs. SF Seattle is 13-1 straight-up as double-digit favorites with Russell Wilson and have covered three straight.
- SF +12.5 @ SEA The 49ers are 1-3-1 against-the-spread since 2007 as double-digit road dogs.
- STL +2 @ BAL In ten career stars, Case Keenum is 3-6-1 against-the-spread.
- TB +5.5 @ PHI The Bucs are 7-3 against-the-spread in their last ten road games.
- TEN +3 @ JAX All-time, the Titans are 11-3-1 against-the-spread when they play on Thursday night.
- WAS +7 @ CAR Kirk Cousins has won six games in his career as a starter, each time he has lost the next game.