Eifert is a touchdown machine
Tyler Eifert caught five passes, scoring on three of them, in the Bengals’ 31-10 home win over the Browns. Eifert is the first Cincinnati player to score as many receiving touchdowns on as few catches since Cris Collinsworth (also 5 receptions & 3 TDs) against the Jets in the 1986 season finale.
Eifert has caught six touchdown passes in four games at Paul Brown Stadium this season. Only one other Bengals player scored as many receiving touchdowns through the team’s first four home games. That was Carl Pickens, who scored seven in 1995.
The Red Rifle lights up Browns
Andy Dalton completed 78% of his passes for 234 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in Cincinnati’s win over the Cleveland. Dalton’s passer rating of 139.8 is the second highest ever recorded by a Bengals starting quarterback in the team’s 84 games against their cross-state rivals. Ken Anderson put up a 141.7 mark at Cleveland Municipal Stadium in November 1975.
- Johnny Manziel gave the Browns a brief spark, but the Browns ultimately were little more than supporting players in the battle of Ohio on Thursday night. These Cincinnati Bengals are making undefeated look easy. Tight end Tyler Eifert caught three touchdown passes for the 8-0 Bengals in a 31-10 victory over their division rivals. This is the type of clinical, balanced, mature performance we’ve come to expect from the Bengals. Cleveland and Cincinnati traded long drives in the first half before the Bengals absolutely dominated the second half. The Bengals had 12 first downs and 17 points before the Browns picked up a first down in garbage time. Eifert has proven to be a difference maker in the red zone and could be the second-best tight end in football. Andy Dalton completed 21 of 27 passes for 234 yards and……(continue reading)
2. ‘Cause Knowing Is Half The Battle
#NFL week 9 trends
All-time, teams that start 7-0 and are favorites of a touchdown or more in the next game went 3-8 against-the-spread.
- Games Matching this Criteria: Patriots (-14) vs. Redskins and Bengals (-10) vs. Browns.
Only four teams in NFL history have been underdogs in their next game after starting the season 7-0. Those teams went 1-3 straight-up and 2-2 against-the-spread.
- Games Matching this Criteria: Panthers (+2.5) vs. Packers.
Since 2002, when the NFL expanded to 32 franchises, teams that have lost six games in a row and are underdogs of a touchdown or more went 13-21 against-the-spread.
- Games Matching this Criteria: Titans (+8) @ Saints..
- ATL -7 @ SF Teams are 16-11 against-the-spread when they face Blaine Gabbert.
- BUF -3 vs. MIA The Bills are 6-4 ATS in their last ten games as home favorites against the Dolphins.
- CAR +2.5 vs. GB In his career, Cam Newton as a home underdog is 2-11 straight-up and 5-8 against-the-spread.
- CHI +4 @ SD Jay Cutler is 5-2 ATS in his career on Monday Night Football – all as an underdog.
- CIN -10 vs. CLE The Bengals are 2-8 against-the-spread in the last ten games as favorites of 10 or more points.
- CLE +10 @ CIN All-time, underdogs of 10 or more points on Thursday Night Football are 10-19 (35%) ATS.
- DAL +2.5 vs. PHI All-time, the Cowboys as a home underdog against NFC East rivals are 17-11-1 ATS.
- DEN -5 @ IND Chicken parm you taste so good. Peyton Manning has been favored in 23 of 28 road games with the Broncos and is 15-8 ATS in those contests.
- GB -2.5 @ CAR Following a loss and as a road favorite, Aaron Rodgers is 4-1 against-the-spread.
- IND +5 vs. DEN Andrew Luck is 6-1 straight-up and 7-0 ATS as a home underdog.
- JAX +2.5 @ NYJ The Jags have lost 12 straight as road underdogs and are 5-7 ATS in those games.
- MIA +3 @ BUF All-time, with extra rest following a Thursday night game and as an underdog, the Dolphins are 4-2 ATS.
- MIN -2.5 vs. STL The last ten times the Vikings have won three games in a row, Minnesota covered in nine of the next ten games.
- NE -14 vs. WAS Tom Brady has never lost a game as a two touchdown favorite but he is just 7-11 against-the-spread in those games.
- NO -8 vs. TEN Drew Brees has covered six straight games as a favorite of a touchdown or more following three straight wins.
- NYG -2.5 @ TB Eli Manning as a road favorite is 11-5-1 against-the-spread in his career.
- NYJ -2.5 vs. JAX All-time, following two straight losses and as home favorites the Jets are 8-13-1 against-the-spread.
- OAK +4.5 @ PIT All-time, the Raiders as road underdogs in Pittsburgh are 4-2 against-the-spread.
- PHI -2.5 @ DAL In the Chip Kelly era, the Eagles as road favorites are 2-5 ATS.
- PIT -4.5 vs. OAK Big Ben as a home favorite in November is 5-11 against-the-spread.
- SD -4 vs. CHI Philip Rivers at home on Monday Night Football is 5-3 against-the-spread.
- SF +7 vs. ATL The 49ers are benching Colin Kaepernick, Blaine Gabbert is 5-22 straight-up as a starter in his career.
- STL +2.5 @ MIN The last ten underdogs in Minnesota went 6-3-1 against-the-spread.
- TB +2.5 vs. NYG All-time, the Buccaneers at home in November are 39-28-3 ATS.
- TEN +8 @ NO Since 2000, teams that fired their coach during the season are 7-19 straight-up and 9-17 against-the-spread.
- WAS +14 @ NE All-time, road underdogs of 14 or more points in Foxborough are 10-4 against-the-spread.