1. Mean Old Frisco Blues
This game was as hard to watch as a bathroom break on an all fiber diet without any water. Thank goodness for DraftKings or I would never watch Thursday Night Football and at least there was College Football. It is so bad in SF that the best pass I saw from Kaep’N’1read was an out of bounds pass that drilled a camera guy – in-com-plete! If it wasn’t for Russell Wilson’s lord testing his character by having him throw MORE interceptions this game could have been a lot worse……and with all that said the real story is that the Seahawk D actually held onto a lead in the 4th Qtr. We should start a pool on when the 49ers get their next win because I say it ain’t ’til after Thanksgiving.
- SHOCKING! SEAHAWKS HOLD LATE LEAD – Most teams would feel happy and confident by being up 17 points in the fourth quarter, but the 2015 Seattle Seahawks have not been “most teams.” The Seahawks — and especially their suddenly anxious fans — were on edge in San Francisco Thursday night as they held a 17-point lead against the 49ers in the second half. But Seattle tried something new this week. It held on. The Seahawks won, 20-3, but also had multiple……(continue reading)
- The Seahawks stifled the 49ers offense for a third straight meeting, with Seattle winning in Santa Clara on Thursday, 20-3. That’s after the Seahawks swept the 49ers last season, 19-3 and 17-7. It’s the first time that the Seahawks have ever won three straight games against a division opponent while allowing seven or fewer points in each game, and no other division opponent has ever had a three-game stretch like that against the 49ers.
2. ‘Cause Knowing Is Half The Battle
#NFL week 7 trends
All-time, teams that start 5-0 and are favorites of 9 or more points in the next game are a perfect 20-0 straight-up and 12-8 (60%) against-the-spread.
- Games Matching this Criteria: Patriots (-9) vs. Jets.
All-time, teams that have lost five games in a row and are home underdogs are 58-44 (57%) against-the-spread.
- Games Matching this Criteria: Chiefs (+2) vs. Steelers.
- ATL -4.5 @ TEN Matt Ryan as a road favorite is 14-10-1 against-the-spread.
- AZ -7.5 vs. BAL All-time, the Cardinals as favorites of a touchdown or more are 9-19-1 against-the-spread.
- BAL +7.5 @ AZ Joe Flacco is 7-2 against-the-spread on Monday Night Football.
- BUF -5.5 @ JAX In all London games, the designated away team has been favored in 10 of 12 games and are 7-5 ATS.
- CAR -3 vs. PHI Cam Newton as a home favorite is 15-8 against-the-spread.
- CLE +5.5 @ STL Since 2004, when the Rams last made the playoffs, road underdogs in St. Louis are 19-10 ATS.
- DAL +3.5 @ NYG All-time, the Cowboys coming out of a bye are 18-9 against-the-spread.
- DET +2.5 vs. MIN Matthew Stafford as a home underdog is 3-7-1 ATS.
- HOU +4.5 @ MIA All-time, the Texans as road dogs in October are 8-12 against-the-spread.
- IND -4.5 vs. NO In the last 10 games as home favorites, the Colts are 7-3 ATS.
- JAX +5.5 vs. BUF This is Jacksonville’s third trip to Wembley Stadium, the Jags are 0-2 straight-up and ATS when they cross the pond.
- KC +2 vs. PIT All-time, the Chiefs as home underdogs have a winning record straight-up and are 61-33-4 (65%) ATS.
- MIA -4.5 vs. HOU Ryan Tannehill as a home favorite of a field goal or more is 3-10 against-the-spread.
- MIN -2.5 @ DET All-time, the Vikings as road favorites against their NFC North brethren are 11-23 ATS.
- NE -9 vs. NYJ As a favorite of a touchdown or more against the Jets, Tom Brady is 3-7-1 ATS.
- NO +4.5 @ IND In the Drew Brees era, the Saints coming off a Thursday night football game are 2-6 against-the-spread.
- NYG -3.5 vs. DAL On a short week, after playing on Monday Night Football, Eli Manning is 8-6 against-the-spread.
- NYJ +9 @ NE All-time, the Jets as underdog of a touchdown or more are 56-41-3 (58%) against-the-spread.
- OAK +4 @ SD All-time, the Raiders coming out of a bye are 11-15-1 against-the-spread.
- PHI +3 @ CAR Under Chip Kelly, the Eagles as road underdogs are 9-3 against-the-spread.
- PIT -2 @ KC All-time, the Steelers on the road at Arrowhead are 8-4-1 against-the-spread.
- SD -4 vs. OAK Philip Rivers is 1-5 against-the-spread as home favorites against the Raiders in the last six years.
- SEA -6 @ SF Russell Wilson owns the 49ers, he is 5-0-2 against-the-spread in his career against San Francisco.
- SF +6 vs. SEA In the last 10 games as home underdogs, the 49ers are 6-3-1 against-the-spread.
- STL -5.5 vs. CLE Under Jeff Fisher, the Rams as favorites of a field goal or more are 3-7 against-the-spread.
- TB +3.5 @ WAS In the last 20 games against NFC East opponents, the Bucs are 6-13-1 against-the-spread.
- TEN +4.5 vs. ATL All-time, the Titans as home underdogs are 57-44-3 against-the-spread.
- WAS -3.5 vs. TB In the last 20 games as home favorites, the Redskins are 5-15 against-the-spread.