1. And You Will Know My Name is the Lord…
The world throws curveballs, will try to kick you when your down and constantly changes the rules – just be a Saint – or Ben Watson – either was fine last night. From the dust-bin of football history, Ben Watson re-emerged Jimmy Graham(cracka) style to haul in 127yds and a TD – assisting the Falcons in beating themselves 31-21 last night. Alanis Morissette must have been in attendance because wasn’t it IRONIC the Saints scored a touchdown on a blocked punt?! – I could watch that over and over…
The Falcons were not going undefeated, even the die-hard-est Dirty-Bird knew that – but watching that game as a fan of Atlanta, you have to wonder how many times they are going to self-destruct this season? You can’t keep being behind in the 4th qtr and ALWAYS come back. The Falcons are not the best team in the league, and the Saints are not the worst – even if both of them have looked like it at times. The Falcons could be 2-4 and the Saints could be 4-2, it’s just the way the game goes. The Falcons have a good team and will still win the division – the Saints needed all the energy and emotion from the crowd to play their hearts out, just to get a 10pt victory – they have a long way to go to contend. But, for one night it was like the Thunderdome again.
p.s. Is it to much too ask to get a kicker and can anyone slow down Devonta Freeman – CRIPES
- For one magical night, it all comes together for the New Orleans Saints – The beautiful thing about the NFL is sometimes the best team doesn’t win. Sometimes circumstance, motivation and gridiron gris-gris converge and upsets blossom, often when and where you least expect them. Thursday night was one of those nights at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. For four serendipitous quarters……(continue reading)
#NFL Week 6 Trends
- Since 2000, teams that have fired their coach during the season are 6-19 SU and 8-17 ATS in the next game.
- Games Matching this Criteria: Dolphins (+2.5) @ Titans
- All-time, teams that start 0-5 and are favorites in their next game are 4-7 ATS
- Games Matching this Criteria: Lions (-3) vs. Bears
- All-time, teams that start 4-0 and are favorites of a touchdown or more in the next game are 14-23-1 (38%) ATS
- Games Matching this Criteria: Patriots (-8) vs. Colts
- AZ -3 @ PIT With Carson Palmer, the Cardinals as road favorites are 6-1 against-the-spread.
- BAL -2.5 @ SF All-time, road favorites in San Francisco are 29-35-1 against-the-spread.
- BUF +3.5 vs. CIN All-time, the Bills against undefeated teams with 4 or more wins are 9-6 ATS.
- CAR +7 @ SEA Cam Newton is 0-4 straight-up and against-the-spread coming out of a bye week.
- CHI +3 @ DET Jay Cutler as a road dog with the Bears against the NFC North is 2-7 against-the-spread.
- CIN -3.5 @ BUF All-time, teams that have won five games in a row and are road favorites are 43-53-1 against-the-spread.
- CLE +4 vs. DEN In the last ten games as home underdogs, the Browns are 7-3 against-the-spread.
- DEN -4 @ CLE Peyton Manning as a road favorite with the Broncos is 15-7 against-the-spread.
- DET -3 vs. CHI All-time, teams that start 0-5 are 43-34-1 against-the-spread in the next game. The Lions covered back in 2008 when they started 0-5 as well.
- GB -10 vs. SD Since 2002, when the NFL expanded to 32 teams, teams that have covered in 5 straight games and are home favorites of a touchdown or more are 3-8 against-the-spread in the next game.
- HOU -1.5 @ JAX Following a Thursday night game, the Texans are 1-5 straight-up and 2-4 against-the-spread.
- IND +8 vs. NE As an underdog, Andrew Luck is 12-11 straight-up but against the Patriots he is 0-4 straight-up and against-the-spread.
- JAX +1.5 vs. HOU In the last 20 games as home underdogs of less than a field goal, Jacksonville is 8-12 against-the-spread.
- KC +3.5 @ MIN The Chiefs are 8-2 against-ths-sread in their last ten games as road favorites.
- MIA +2.5 @ TEN All-time, the Dolphins coming off a bye and as road underdogs are 7-4-1 against-the-spread.
- MIN -3.5 vs. KC Teddy Bridgewater as a home favorite is 4-1-1 against-the-spread.
- NE -8 @ IND Tom Brady is 3-7 against-the-spread in his last ten games as a road favorite of a touchdown or more.
- NYG +3.5 @ PHI Eli Manning as a road underdog in Philly is 6-2-1 against-the-spread.
- NYJ -6 vs. WAS All-time, the Jets as home favorites are 71-111-5 (39%) against-the-spread.
- PHI -3.5 vs. NYG The Eagles against the Giants on Monday Night Football are 5-0 straight-up and against-the-spread.
- PIT +3 vs. AZ In the last ten games as home underdogs dating back to 2005, the Steelers are 6-3-1 ATS.
- SD +10 @ GB Teams that last played on Monday Night and then are road underdogs in Green Bay are 5-9 against-the-spread.
- SEA -7 vs. CAR Following a loss, Russell Wilson is 9-5 against-the-spread.
- SF +2.5 vs. BAL All-time, when the 49ers have lost four games in a row San Francisco is 4-11-1 against-the-spread in the next game.
- TEN -2.5 vs. MIA All-time, the Titans facing an opponent coming off a bye is 17-8-1 against-the-spread.
- WAS +6 @ NYJ All-time, road underdogs in New York of a field goal or more are 83-53-5 (61%) against-the-spread.