I HAVE IT 115-113 PACQUIAO. BUT OF COURSE, THIS IS HIS HOME RING, HOMETOWN, HOME STATE. ANNOUNCERS BIASED.
— SKIP BAYLESS (@REALSKIPBAYLESS) MAY 3, 2015
This is a tweet by Skip Bayless, the tabloid emperor – Count Shout-U-la. As you can see from this rant, he believes Pacquiao won the fight. He has to, right? That’s the format. Skip has to play contrarian to Stephen A and his subjective admiration of Floyd Mayweather’s jock-strap tea. Remember when detached objectivity was a cornerstone of journalism. Say what you want about Floyd and his ambient-style of pugilism. Say whatever you want about his undefeated record against both sexes. However, what you must say and acknowledge is Floyd won the fight by out-boxing Manny. Floyd landed 67 more punches – Manny only landed 19% of his – In every other American sporting industry, that is cataclysmic failure. Skip has to play the part right – in this parody of a caricature of an argument? He cannot be this bombastically blind, or maybe it’s just the death-cry of a man’s dignity dying before us.
In other news…The fight that felt like it went on forever is still going on and this time it has legal ramifications – apparently fighters are injected like race-horses – note the medications taken last month by Manny. The issue is, there is no disclosure of a a shoulder-injury that everyone conveniently provided as an excuse. Under threat of perjury, Boxers are legally required to disclose their injuries – not just for obvious health reasons, but for the millions of dollars wagered on the outcome – we degenerates deserve honesty and full disclosure before we gamble. In the real world this is fraud – in boxing this is normal – this is how the conspiracy starts and the next fight gets created. We should all learn from our mistakes and stop wondering what happens when a Bear s#*^s in the woods.
The nickname, plus the logo were retired in 2012, and after a long protracted battle with the NCAA are trying to come up with some alternatives – and you can help! Here are some from the CONSIDER list with authentic rationale:
- Tundra Rats — The Tundra Rats name would evoke the cold inhospitable nature that is Grand Forks North Dakota. Rats are an intimidating animal.
- Vicious Prairie Dogs — VICIOUS
- Zombies — We already have a green, black, and pink color scheme, and zombies are cool
- wombats — kind of like a golden gopher, only bigger. You said you wanted “unique”
- TSUNAMIS — If UND is named TSUNAMIS we can still keep fighting TSU!!!
- Swallows — Because UND has sucked for so long
- Sunflakes — Grand Forks is the Sunflake City. Noone else will use the nickname. It’s at least as fierce as a banana slug.
- Squirrels — Squirrels are awesome
- Spacklers — Carl Spackler (most lethal gopher hunter in history).
- Snowflake city — white people
- Snowballs — We get a lot of snow in North Dakota, and also UND has a snowball’s chance in hell of winning a Division I championship.
- Skunks — People from North Dakota refuse to take showers and smell funny; just like skunks. They have a natural aura of skunk poop.
Find your favorite and let us know!
What to watch…
NBA Playoffs – conference semi-finals – The teams that have W’s in their nicknames play tonight, which is ironic since neither has any L’s so far in the post-season. The Wiz take on the Hawks again at 8 EST on TNT and lead the series 1-0. Memphis takes on the Warriors at 10:30 EST, also on TNT – interesting to note that the newly-minted MVP and Golden State are 44-0 when holding opponents under 100pts this year.
NHL Playoffs – Chicago @ Minnesota, Game 3, ‘Hawks lead 2-0 at 8 EST on NBCSN. Anaheim @ Calgary, Game 3, Ducks lead 2-0 at 9:30 EST USA.
Person of Interest – season finale – Finch and Root try to save the machine from Samaritan, while Reese is in the middle of a gang-war.
The Flash – Dr. Wells(bad guy) unleashes Gorilla Grodd(other-bad guy) – A giant ape with mind-control abilities
So, celebrate the Battle of Puebla responsibly – you only need a little RDA of Vitamin T – and hopefully your DVR can record more than one show.