So the Chargers and Raiders announced last week that they were in talks to share a stadium that resides in Carson, CA. A Stadium that will be built on a toxic land-fill. Land, that neither the Chargers nor the Raiders own, they just bought the rights to control it. Have we not heard this rumor of a stadium in Carson before? Is this a case of the Raiders finding out that Stan Kroenke was playing with LA and Marc Davis felt like it was his to play with, like every big brother always does with his toys to his little brother?
Is this just more leverage used against LA to get whatever the NFL Owners want – a free lunch? Sure, the TV revenue could be hundreds of millions of dollars, so why not get greasy – but would it make sense for LA and those millions of revenues to go from 0 to 3 teams like this? If Stadiums generated any kind of revenue for the host city, NFL owners would build their own – or more to the point – the league itself would – so no public funds should ever be used to build monuments to gluttony and greed. Besides, this promo-video feels like a game from Grand Theft Auto – look how long the grass is – and since it feels like a teaser of GTA VI, show us how the Chargers and Raiders fans will truly act towards each other twice a year – stabbings, beer bottles, running over hookers in your firebird…
I was hoping for a dumpster fire of the new logo and I was still disappointed…Here is the company outline, directly from the horse’s a$$..err mouth, about what the uniform, culture, logo mean to a franchise that is run by a bunch of clowns:
Cleveland Browns Logo Evolution:
Respect the past. Represent the future.
Our updated helmet logo is reflective of today’s modern Cleveland – the design honors the past while evolving into the future. The iconic brown and white stripes stand tall over the orange helmet – a new orange color that matches the passion of the Dawg Pound. The new brown facemask represents the strength and toughness of Cleveland.
2015 marks the 30th anniversary of the Dawg Pound – bestowing a unique opportunity to modernize the symbolism of the Dawg Pound through an evolved logo. The Dawg Pound represents one of the most iconic fan bases in all of sports. The Dawg Pound is a unifying identity of all Cleveland Browns faithful. It’s tough and exemplifies the “Play Like A Brown” attitude. With one passionate voice – the DAWG POUND BARKS TOGETHER.
The orange is brighter and richer and matches the passion of our fans and city.
The brown is unchanged.
The contemporary redesigned wordmark is simplistic and utilizes a stronger, bolder font.
The new Cleveland Browns uniforms will be unveiled on Tuesday, April 14, 2015.
The last twelve months, the drama is so real…
Kobe “Jellybean” Bryant, aka The Black Mamba, is still working the media with his worldwide tour, #Kobe2016: First his GQ article, 2nd a terrific interview on NBA.com, 3rd was last night, when he appeared on The Grantland Basketball Hour (fantastic), and then this, appearing on Jimmy Kimmel live, with one of the best moments being about the stupid enthusiasm of a 14 win team beating a terrible Celtics team – I want him to come back with a chance to win another title, because the apocalyptic destruction he would personally oversee would be fantastic basketball – an Old School gunfight at the O.K. Corral at the sunset of a great player – middle fingers blazin’.
‘The Man in the Iron Mask’ – the ‘Must-Haves‘, the ‘Sleepers‘ and those that might find themselves on the trainers table for your FanDuel NBA-delights each night. We will post these for you everyday by 1p MST – so check back in the afternoon. Here are today’s plays:
From deep-deep below the DiRT Canon Bunker, it was good to know I was on it again yesterday, producing a 650% ROI for NBA Fan Duel action. Correctly, the DiRT Canon analyzer I created, chose the top two PG’s – Harden and Rudy Gobert came through – and Jeff Green, all showed up for us last night. By playing the optimal lineup, you would have scored 339 points. So depending on which tournaments you entered, you may have earned at least $6.50 for each $1 entered, like we did. Try getting that on the stock market! If you have yet to play Fan Duel, use the referral name of gza1524. We want to reward you with the easiest way to grow your income through fantasy sports gaming. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
It’s Tuesday night and it’s Saul-Good-man, so why not roll with these guys:
- (PG) Russell Westbrook – If you don’t know this already he is the hottest guy in the NBA and in terms of Fan Duel production he has slotted a 50 spot in each of his last 3 contests, look for that to continue with Durant sidelined for the foreseeable future.
- (SG) DeMar DeRozan – He is a 30 spot in your lineup with a chance for 40. His matchup tonight against the Mavs proves to be a good one with the Mavs giving up 36.1 points per game to the starting SG over the last 10 games.
- (SF) LeBron James – King James has it rolling, filling up the stat sheets and look for him to have another 45 point performance for your Fan Duel lineup. Combine that with limited games tonight he and Westbrook need to anchor your lineup if you stand a chance of cashing.
- (PF) Greg Monroe – His opponent, Cleveland, is giving up 43.6 points per game over the last 5 to the starting PF and Monroe is a lock for a double-double tonight. DiRT Canon Analyzer lists Monroe at 22 points, 14 rebounds and 2 blocks tonight for 42.8 projection.
- (C) Jonas Valanciunas – The Mavs are giving up a staggering 55.6 Fan Duel points per game to the center position over their last 5. Jonas poured in a nice 40.3 points last night against the Pelicans in a shocking loss after leading by 18, largely due to Valanciunas. Look for the Raptors to go back inside tonight on a back to back.
- (PG) Reggie Jackson – His salary $4,400 tonight is a must start as a sleeper in order to get the higher cost players in our must have pool. Cleveland is also giving up 41.9 Fan Duel points per game over their last 5 games so look for a solid performance.
- (SG) J.R. Smith – Over the past 5 games he has looked sharp in his overall game and his $5,300 salary will yield a 26.6 per our DiRT Canon Analyzer.
- (SF) Al-Farouq Aminu – He is the cheapest sleeper tonight coming in at $4,300. Parsons is out tonight which means more playing time for Aminu who was averaging 26 minutes per game coming off the bench already. DiRT Canon Analyzer has him scoring 14 points, 6 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 block tonight for a Fan Duel total of 25.2 points.
- (PF) Nene Hilario – He has been solid since the All-Star break averaging 19.3 points per game and 8 boards.
- (C) Enes Kanter – Kanter has been a double-double machine since coming over to OKC and with Durant out and Westbrook on fire, Kanter is cleaning house. DiRT Canon Analyzer has him scoring 18 points with 12 rebounds tonight.
Steph Curry has a lingering ankle injury but is expected to start tonight for the Warriors. If he can’t make it through warm-ups look for Klay to have another big scoring night. Chandler Parsons is scheduled to be out for 2 more games, so Aminu and the ageless one Richard Jefferson will see an expanded role. Maybe this time Jefferson won’t arm bar-his back in the day-dunk, as he did on Sunday.